PWR Fanasty Booking league

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanasty Booking League from the fans of PWR fan site.

2 posters

Observing Wrestling News Letter

Jamba Chimp

Observing Wrestling News Letter Empty Observing Wrestling News Letter

Post  Jamba Chimp Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Observing Wrestling News Letter issue #1

Hello everyone I am JC and this is the debut issue of Observing Wrestling news letter. The place for news, reviews, and rumors in the world of professional wrestling. We are going to start off with the week in review.

I first want to start with WCW; the return of Monday Nitro not on TNT, but on the FX Network. I have news on why Nitro is on FX in the news section. The reviews for Nitro have been positive in the 7.5/10 range. A very decent show, but then again a 7.5/10 is like a 9.5/10 from the Nitro’s of past. Feedback on the three way dance was fantastic; may have been match of the night behind Petey and Red. However, the surprise of the night was Nash and Schivone. I don’t think anyone expected those two to work so well together.

Next up is NWA. NWA was an interesting show. Flair as always is gold. It looks like Cody Roads is going to be the star of the company which is very interesting. The most interesting part of the show was the ending. Cody is eliminated but returns and wins…remind me of an old wrestling show on Spike TV. It’s nice to see the mass amount of young talent NWA has. OWNL gives NWA a 7.0/10. Decent show, but I have to wait to see NWA build their talent. I don’t have a real connection to anyone at the moment. Lots of potential.

Now for Smackdown. I was amazed at how fast they took a shot at WCW during the show. I really liked Shamus in this show. Cole was fantastic as always. Liked Nexus vs Core faction war is always good. OMG Taker is back. OMG Sting is in WWE. I really like the way they put Sting in the show. With the return of Hulk Hogan to WWE OWNL will be starting a brother count. 8/10

And Finally RAW. Yay,the return of good old JR. I really liked the Steiner and Foley promo. I was a little worried about the main event, but It worked out well. 8.5/10

Overall show of the week? Raw just edges by Smackdown.

Now it’s time for the news and rumors

I can confirm that JBL himself does own WCW. I don’t know why Vince would sell WCW, but hey maybe money does talk.

WCW aired on the FX network on Monday. According to my sources WCW went to TNT for a time slot, but was told that Nitro did not fit into TNTs plans for the network. FX did not seem to be interested in wrestling, but they took Nitro at the last minute.

A shock too many wrestling fans were on Smackdown with the announcement of Hulk Hogan making his return to WWE. Sources say that Hogan refused to sign a contract because Vince Russo is working in the company. I don’t know if he is writing or if they are planning to put him on TV. Oh god no.

Some more controversy happened on Smackdown with the return of the Undertaker. After Taker got into the ring, a video was playing from the old WCW Starrcade 97 promo video featuring Sting. I do know JBL own the rights for WCW; however, I don’t know the details on the deal. JBL may not own the past video library. If this is not the case, JBL may have a lawsuit planned for Vince and the WWE.

Rumors say that higher ups from the NWA are not happy with Flairs attitude. Rumors say that Flair was walking around during the TV taping and doing what can only be described as “pelvic thrusting” to the female workers. There has been talk of Flair being in contact with WCW, but I don’t see the NWA getting rid of Flair so soon. They just may force Flair to take his crazy pills.

The Pope and Zack Ryder were released from WCW. Ryder was asked for his release and it was granted by WCW, the Pope maybe a different story. Rumors say that the Pope got into a fight with Tony Schivone and insults were thrown by Pope. After Pope threw the insult Tony punched Pope in the throat and then leg sweeped him. WCW officials had to break the fight. That story may or may not be true.
    OneManDynasty

Observing Wrestling News Letter Empty Re: Observing Wrestling News Letter

Post  OneManDynasty Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Are you going to be posting the second edition of the Observing Wrestling News Letter.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:34 pm